Facing the Grand Canal, Hotel Santa Chiara is located in a building that has been part of Venetian history for the last five centuries. Part of the main building (the older section) is what remains of an old monastery – more specifically, a nunnery for the Orsoline sisters. The convent was partially dismantled during the years as to make room for the Rio Novo canal, as well as to give Piazzale Roma square more room for roads. This means the building is actually older than the canal itself, as the latter was dug at the beginning of the 20th century!
Located in Piazzale Roma (the only driving point of Venice),The location is unbeatable!!! Santa Chiara it is the only hotel in Venice that is accessible by vehicle (Door to door) and with a private parking place (valet parking). The walking distance from here to San Marco is 25-30 minutes.
Brand new, spacious, with silk on the walls, parquet or Venetian floor and murano chandeliers. Many are big enough for families and many have the view on the Grand Canal!
– 1 minute walk from Piazalle Roma (the only part of Venice reachable by car)
– 5 minutes walk from Santa Lucia Train Station
– 20 minutes drive from Marco Polo Venice Airport
– 20 minutes walk from San Marco Square
– 6 minutes walk from Santa Croce (historical center)
Santa Croce, 548
+ 39 (0)41 520 69 55